cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Constant issues connecting to wifi

Hanxbear1
Dabbler

It is beyond a joke now to be honest and I will be changing my ISP if things don't approve.  The weak wifi signal is also an issue.  If we go out of the room, wifi drops.  

9 REPLIES 9
Hanxbear1
Dabbler

Constant issues connecting to wifi

Hi, over the last few weeks devices in my house have issues when connecting to wifi, it won't connect unless I reset the router.

Also the signal is week, which I wouldn't expect - the wifi coverage is anaemic to say the least.

Any suggestions as to what could be the root cause?

Jh47
Dabbler

Same issue here, though it is mainly affecting my MacBook.  I changed to Plusnet last year in  November  And initially all was fine, but recently I am having constant loss of connection, sometimes when I wake the Mac, but sometimes when I have connection and it just goes and cannot get back.  Plusnet trying to say it is my Mac, but it was working fine before I changed to Plusnet.   Even from the start it asked me to log back in to Plusnet every time I closed my laptop but now it just says my password is invalid.  

Having browsed many posts on this forum some are saying it is a recent firmware issue but Plusnet are denying this and some saying they don't know how to fix the issue.   Others are saying it is an issue with the 2.4ghz and 5ghz,  surely it is time Plusnet sorted this issue and gave their customers some help.  I wish I had never changed supplier now. Beginning to think Plusnet wrote their own excellent customer service reviews.

Marie35

Im having exactly the same problem
It’s beyond frustrating! I have contacted them several times regarding this and even had a new router but still having problems 😡
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Hanxbear1, what router are you using? Seems you might have one of the older 2704n's? If so, I can ship a more recent device to you if you like?

@Jh47 wrote:

Same issue here, though it is mainly affecting my MacBook.

Not sure it is the same issue as you're using a different device.

Having browsed many posts on this forum some are saying it is a recent firmware issue but Plusnet are denying this and some saying they don't know how to fix the issue...

We're not denying anything. Have a read of my post here (stickied to the top of this forum) if you haven't done so already.

I've pushed an update to your router that should hopefully help. You'll need to reboot at your convenience to apply the changes.

@Marie35, it seems we've recently dispatched a newer router to you so shout if you have problems with that one too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Hanxbear1
Dabbler

Yes I had a look and it is a 2704N router.  A more recent one would be good if possible

Thanks

David.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries David. Should be with you Thursday/Friday all being well Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Jh47
Dabbler

I have Plusnet Hub one and as I only joined Plusnet in November 2019 I will not be happy if Plusnet have given me an older model.

does reboot mean turn off and then back on again. Or just use the reset button?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Jh47, nobody has suggested you have an older model.
Reboot means turn it off and back on again. Let me know how it goes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Jh47
Dabbler

Thanks, rebooted hub last night and seems to be working ok. Up to now anyway.  

But I don't understand why it's taken me and others complaining and seeking a fix through the Community to get these issues sorted.  When the technical team (assuming they are technical team) we contact can't seem to help, and yes I understand that you Bob are probably part of that team, but it is beyond frustrating when the very people who are supposed to be able to resolve these problems, either can't, or fob you off saying it is your hardware that is at fault.  I could have gone out and spent over £1000 on a new laptop which would then have had the same problem.  Luckily I resisted and was planning to take it to the local Tech shop, when it re-opened after this lockdown is over, to see if they could identify the fault.