Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Factory Rest of Hub One

FIXED
tcoombs2101
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Random Factory Rest of Hub One

It seems that my router has somehow been reset back to factory settings. This is causing a huge problem as I'm remote to my house at the moment and cannot access my OpenVPN service due to all port forwarding settings have been reset. I can't even log into the router via Teamviewer on my jump box PC -  my old router password is not longer working and even the default factory password is not working (which is very strange...).

Normally, there is a way to reset the password (using the password override option) as I need the serial number of the router which I don't have access to (and won't for a while as I'm travelling) I'm pretty much stuck! 

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Maybe I can ask PlusNet to remote default my Router?Huh

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Random Factory Rest of Hub One

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tcoombs2101
Hooked

..actually I'm meant on my last sentence if PlusNet can email me the serial number of my router so that I can reset the password myself..The router is already in it's default state..

Bill_C
Rising Star

Are you on Windows desktop in teamviewer ?
If yes:
Open up File Explorer and  select Networking to browse your home network.
The plusnet router should be listed there.
Right click on it and select Properties
It should give you the serial number as well as MAC address.

You can then reset the password

tcoombs2101
Hooked

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your tip. After I posted my message I did manage to get the serial number by calling customer support. The problem now is that when I try the password override function I must now need to press the WPS button for 15 seconds... As I'm remote for a while it looks like I'm snookered unless there is some other solution anyone can think off?

tcoombs2101
Hooked

Fix

As an update I eventually managed to obtain the default password for the Router. I've now been able to login and update my port forwarding settings. All is OK now.