cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using wifi

njcarter94

Problems using wifi

Hello, I'm having issues with my router when on wifi. It constantly drops out which is causing content I'm watching on my tv buffer, and my google home is always stop starting when playing music.

I've noticed it gets a lot worse throughout the night. And I've followed some steps like splitting the lines to 2.4 and 5gh But still no luck. I've also bought a wifi extender for upstairs as that's where I use the wifi the most but still doesn't help and is constantly dropping out.

Also when the problem occurs my plusnet hub one light is always blue and shows no sign of any fault. Devices seem to be fine when connected via ethernet. I've also reset the router too a few weeks back. Help would be appreciated. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Problems using wifi

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chubsta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Not sure it helps but I too suffer from lots of dropouts on wireless devices, luckily I had an Apple Airport Extreme I have plugged in and everything is fine now, so i guess the routers are just poor at wifi, shame really as they are much better than my old Sky router for everything else, stats and adjustments etc.

I have read that plenty of people use the BT router, I checked FB Marketplace and there were a couple near me for under a tenner so that may be the route to go - at least with PN you are able to use a different router if you want, something that was very hard to do with Sky...

njcarter94

Thanks for the reply. I've too read that the hub 6 are a better router than the hub one, I'm going to be getting one as my router is a complete mess when on wifi!
But on the other hand I agree with you that they are a lot better than the sky routers.

Thanks for your help
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @njcarter94,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry you were having trouble with the router WiFi connectivity and I apologise for the frustration caused. I'm glad to hear of the troubleshooting steps you've so far taken and planning on taking - maybe before you do if you haven't already if may be worth changing the channels - just follow this guide here.

Thanks.

briston
Aspiring Pro

Oh dear. Another who has problems with hub1. The forum is becoming clogged with separate threads about the same thing, hub1