Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with some equipment not connecting to the router

FIXED
jb14
Dabbler

Problem with some equipment not connecting to the router

I am having problems with some connections.  My laptop and phone are connecting wirelessly but other machines, phones, tablets will not connect.  Do you have any suggestions?  I have tried restarting router restarting their equipment and disconnect/reconnect connection.

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Problem with some equipment not connecting to the router

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @jb14 

I'm sorry for the issues. I've made some changes to the wireless settings in your router which means you should see a new network name ending in 5GHz. If you find you have problems on the usual network name, I'd recommend going through the wireless troubleshooting steps explained Here.

If you have issues while on the 5GHz wireless frequency, it may be worth posting in this thread Here as we might be able to make changes to your router's firmware version. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jb14
Dabbler

Currently this has fixed my problem using either 5Ghz or standard line.  Standard line dropped out twice yesterday.

Thanks