Problem with connecting printer to WiFi since change of router
Re: Problem with connecting printer to WiFi since change of router
20-08-2021 7:53 AM - edited 20-08-2021 7:54 AM
@LB4 Welcome to the forum.
These are two unconnected issues.
1. If you look at your printer or manual there should be a means of doing a factory reset. There are also utube videos showing you how if you do an online search. Try this and reconnect the printer again from scratch, it might be holding on to the old IP address and it needs releasing.
2. If that doesn't work it might be worth trying a renew of the IP addresses at the computer end. To do this:
1. Type cmd [return] into the search box at the bottom left hand side of the windows home page.
2. Click Command Prompt
3. Type ipconfig /release [return]
4. Type ipconfig /renew [return]
Things to try:
1. Remove the front of your BT Master socket (you may need to remove two screws). In behind you will find the Test socket.
2. Plug a wired phone in the test socket then ring 17070 followed by option 2. If there's any noise on the line you should report a phone fault. This needs fixing before going any further.
3. Plug your filter in the test socket and connect it to your hub. See if that fixes the drop problem.
4. If it doesn't then leave it connected in this way and report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.