cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WIFI and router making a strange noise!

chrispeach1
Grafter

Problem with WIFI and router making a strange noise!

Hi

As topic suggests the wifi seems to be randomly dropping out. There is no issues with a wired connection.

The router also makes a strange fuzzing sound and I am concerned it might be faulty.

Are you able to advise?

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Problem with WIFI and router making a strange noise!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Topic moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Do you have a Hub One? Only that can make a slight buzzing sound when 5Ghz is in use.

Have you tried changing the channel the router uses? It might be congested at your location. A good app you can use to find the best channel to use at your location is WiFi Analyser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer
chrispeach1
Grafter

No it is still not working properly

The strange noise is coming from the plug I believe

I also didnt just post this here on a whim - since I dont want to stay on the phone for over 40 minutes listening to power ballads in the hope a staff member answers the phone for then to spend another hour or so discussing potential fixes AND since plusnet seemed to have removed the ability to raise a question on the account can someone from the staff please reply via this message with an indication of the next step

I would have thought sending out a new router may assist

chrispeach1
Grafter

Any help from a plusnet representative with this or am I left endlessly waiting??????

Suppose I will have to resort to flaming on your Facebook and Twitter again in order to get a response....

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Probably best biting the bullet & calling them when you have the time. Staff response on here isn't what it used to be.