Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With New Router and ReadyNas

Dodeth
Hooked

Problem With New Router and ReadyNas

Hi, 

First time poster having just moved to PlusNet a couple of days ago. I'm hoping someone can help me with this because I'm tearing my hair out!

Until Thursday I was quite happily using my Logitech Media Server (LMS) hosted on my Netgear ReadyNas 212 network attached storage device to stream music stored on the server, and also to stream internet radio stations, Spotify etc. My ISP was Sky.

On installing the PlusNet Hub One I now find that I can still stream music stored on the server but cannot access internet services via the NAS. I get an error message that reads "unable to resolve IP conflict". Having taken everything back to square one, I'm now convinced that there is some sort of clash between the router and the NAS, or the router and the server software. As far as I can tell there is nothing other than the router acting as a DHCP server.

Has anyone had similar issues and, if so, what did you do about it?

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Problem With New Router and ReadyNas

Welcome to the forum.

I think that your problem is that the NAS, like all Netgear kit uses the 192.168.0.xxx subnet IP range. Plusnet use 192.168.1.xxx so you need to update the NAS. This will hopefully help: https://kb.netgear.com/29770/I-can-no-longer-access-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system-after-moving-Loc...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dodeth
Hooked

Sorted. I switched the LAN connection on the NAS into the other port. It was sort of hinted at in the article. Thanks for your help.

roboscot

I have an unresolved similar issue.

I was with BT Business Broadband.

I switched to Post Office Broadband and encountered the problem (see below).

Their tech support was as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Replacing the PO Hub with my old BT Hub 5 fixed the problem. Indeed If I booted XP and then hot-swapped the hub, everything was OK. The problem arises if XP is booted and (presumably) gets its IP and other stuff from the hub.

Switched to Plusnet and the problem came back

In summary:

After XP boots, LAN access is limited. I can PING everything, The XP shows up in the Hub Home Page but it cannot access any of my three NAS boxes. For historical reasons my subnet is 192.168.77.x and all my NAS, IP cameras, Printers, Scanners are addressed within that. The Hub is addressed  as 192.168.77.1 (as were all its predecessors)

My XP can work the LAN-attached printer/scanner but it does not permit access to the NAS boxes. I have tried to replace the Plusnet HUB with my old BT Hub, but have failed!

My Win-10 system "sees" the XP as part of the local network, but does not permit access.

This leads me t conclude that there is some setting I need on the Hub, otherwise why would it be OK before on the BT hub?

(Before anyone asks; NO I cannot bin the XP. It has attached devices and has a load of old 16-it code that I had written over the past 30 years).

Any helpful comment welcome.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Welcome to the forum.

You should be able to use your old BT Hub by just changing the user name and password. Just make sure that you are off line by removing the 'broadband' connection before you do the swap.

For info the Plusnet Hub One is a BTHH 5A in a different coloured case and tweeked firmware.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'