Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent disconnect option from hub one landing page

FIXED
EddieL
Fixes: 1

Prevent disconnect option from hub one landing page

Hi all, I recently joined plusnet and wonder if anyone can help me. I have a tp-link router with guest network connected to my plusnet hub. Call me paranoid but I want to stop guests being able to hit the disconnect button on the plusnet router. The button can be hit without any authentication from the plusnet router side.
I can't deny on the tplink access control list as they need access to the default gateway to be able to hit the internet.

Any ideas other than get better friends or become less paranoid? Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prevent disconnect option from hub one landing page

Read this and see whether anything mentioned can be applied to your TP-Link device -

Lock Down Your Wi-Fi Network With Your Router’s Wireless Isolation Option

EddieL

Fix
Hi Nibiru & thanks for your reply. having read the link I believe I have exhausted all options on my tp-link. I have enabled wireless isolation and it works perfectly in my .0.x network. As my plusnet router is on a .1.x address it is not treated as a local LAN host and therefore access is allowed. However, Other ACL testing suggests isolation from my internet gateway would prevent me accessing the internet even if the isolation did take effect. I think everything is working as designed and I am just going a bit overboard with my security.
It would be nice if the disconnect button would just be behind the admin password on the hub. I think my only hope is that there is a hidden option somebody knows about to password protect that button. If anyone has any other ideas i'd be happy to be proved wrong Smiley
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

If I click Disconnect this is what is displayed

hubonesettings.PNG

EddieL

I am going to have to claim fatigue, either that or incompetence Smiley
You are right, I must have had cached credentials when returning to the page. Problem solved. Thanks for your replies