cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power lead BT Business Homehub 6

atann
Dabbler

Power lead BT Business Homehub 6

I’m looking at buying the above, which is being sold as router only, no leads. I’m joining from Sky, I have a Sky hub 3. The power lead plug looks exactly the same, as my Sky hub. Can I use it with Homehub? As the BT box, say only use the supplied power brick?
7 REPLIES 7
atann
Dabbler

Re: Power lead BT Business Homehub 6

As I was always going to get a Hub 6. I’d forgotten I’d included a PlusNet One router, as a backup in my order. I assume the power lead from that will work with Hub 6? Once I’ve received the BT router I’m buying. How do I confirm I’ve definitely got the Business model, not the standard Homehub 6?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@atann 

I'm pretty sure that the Hub One PSU will work but just check the rating label on the body. The Smarthub is 12V, 1500 mA  (1.5A).

The model number will tell you if it's a Business model, mine's 088315. Also when you log in the page header reads BT Business Smart Hub Manager.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

atann
Dabbler

I’m buying a new hub. Do I still need to perform a factory reset, to get it connected to PlusNet?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@atann 

Setting it up instructions are here:  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

If it's new you probably don't need to do the factory reset bit. The key thing to note is NOT to plug the DSL cable in until instructed to do so, it cannot be configured to work on Plusnet if this is plugged in earlier. There has also been some debate as to whether you can have special characters in your Plusnet account password as allegedly Smarthub firmware will not accept them. I have read that this has now been rectified in the Smarthub firmware but it's probably best not to use any.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Probably not an issue with a new hub, but if you buy a used one you might have a few weeks( months) trouble with Google Maps.

I bought a second hand hub5 a couple of years ago and for several weeks my mobile phone was convinced  was in Exeter (where the hub had come from) whenever it was at home.

Seems that Google associate the MAC address of the WiFi with the location of the router (using phone GPS data) to do so, and the phones seem to rely on that more than they do GPS when indoors.

atann
Dabbler

Connected today to PlusNet. Followed instructions for Hub 6. Perfect, connected first time. I’ve got the Business version, loads of options. Just waiting for a firmware update. How long might this take?