cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portforwarding UTorrent in Hub One

ennisellis

Portforwarding UTorrent in Hub One

Hi,

About a month ago my previous router stopped working properly and Plusnet kindly sent me a new one - a Hub One which is considerably different to the last one I got when I first went over to fibre in 2015. I'm really struggling to portforward my old Utorrent settings through it. Usually I follow the guide over on portfrward.com, but they don't seem to have a guide for his particular model. I've tried following the guide for my previous router and tweaking it slightly, but it still isn't forwarding correctly.

I've attached 2 screen prints, one of what I set up in the hub, the other is the results I get in UTorrent when I check the set up. I even double checked at http://www.whatsmyip.org/port-scanner/ but it times out so it's clearly not open despite what I've input in the hub.

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I don't know quite what.

Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Portforwarding UTorrent in Hub One

Your screen cap only shows the application creation page. After creating the application, you then need to assign it to a machine on your network. Have you done this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ennisellis

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I also use Utorrent from time to time and have the Hub 1 but not had to do any port-forwarding. It seems to work ok as is for me.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You're right, UPnP should take care of it without port forwarding.
I can't remember if the Hub One gives you the choice or not, but if it does, I wonder whether the OP has forwarded both UDP and TCP traffic?
Also worth ensuring the Plusnet Firewall is switched off (you can find this under Connection Settings in the Member Centre).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

ennisellis

Yeah, my Plusnet Firewall is set to off. I'll delete the application from the port forwarding "Game or Application" list in the Hub then if it's not required. Do I need to remove the port number in UTorrent as well do you know? Presumably it still needs the static IP address to find me correctly?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

When you open uTorrent double-click the area highlighted below (it may show an orange warning triangle):

utorrent.JPG

That will open a diagnostic test. Run the test, and assuming it doesn't grumble about anything, then you're good to go:

utorrent2.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team