cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding woes... recommendations for new router please?

tigs78

Port forwarding woes... recommendations for new router please?

I'm new to Plusnet and have received the bog standard 2704N router.

With my two previous two internet service providers (first Sky, then EE) I've successfully set up port forwarding on the router in order to have three wireless IP cameras set up which I can access both on and off the network ie at home and also on my phone when out and about. After two wasted days I've had no joy with the plusnet router, I've followed all the tips/hints in various threads on here to no avail.

I give up and have decided to buy a new router instead! I'm fairly un-techie so was hoping for recommendations for a router that will work with plusnet (regular broadband, not fibre) and will allow port forwarding without issue. I don't need anything whizzy fast or the latest tech, just something that lets me use the cameras!

Thanks in advance for any input Smiley

Edit: These are the steps I've taken to use the cameras, if this makes a difference to the type of router I can use http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=124

1 REPLY 1
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Port forwarding woes... recommendations for new router please?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine