Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding hub one

AlienatedCargo
Dabbler

Port forwarding hub one

Hi,
I'm new here (although not new to the IT world). Just trying to setup a port forward to a custom port on the hub one. I go into advanced settings and click add custom port (9090) but when I check the port its closed. I've been using DDNS as I don't have a static ip but I've checked via both the DDNS address and the external IP (to run out DNS) and it won't access from outside. I've clicked my account and the firewall was switched off. I've tried a few ports as tests but ismyportopen.com reports all custom ones as closed. I also couldn't see an option to assign a a custom port against a device my my LAN although I didn't think that would matter?

I've just swapped to the hub one from a BT hub 6 and it was working OK on the hub 6 but it was having connection issues hence the change.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Richie
4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Port forwarding hub one

A few things I can think of, sorry if it is something you have already tried.

You've disabled the PlusNet firewall, so that's good.

What device do you want the traffic to be forwarded to? If say for example a PC, then make sure something like windows firewall and also check any anti virus software you may have as it may be blocking the ports. I used to use the shields up website to test mine.

Also if you haven't done this already, if you're running a server then it is worth paying the £5 for a static IP.
AlienatedCargo
Dabbler

Hi Alex,
It was a NAS box that I was trying to forward external traffic to. No firewall on it, just a buffalo device. I figured it out in the end, well sort of.

The custom port option didn't seem to work so I used a prepopulated port from the drop down and that also gave me a device drop down to point it at the NAS. I then changed the 9090 port on the NAS GUI to match.

How do I go on about getting a static IP, would be much better than DDNS and can I get a DNS name to go with the IP or is it IP only?

Thanks

Richard
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Static IP is a one of cost of £5 from the member centre.

It’s IP only, but you can get them to set the rdns and point your own domain at the ip
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AlienatedCargo
Dabbler

OK I'll look into that. Thanks!