cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding Tehnicolor TG582n for Dlink NAS Remote Backup

Pongo

Port Forwarding Tehnicolor TG582n for Dlink NAS Remote Backup

Hi,

Struggling to get the port forwarding working on my TG582n. I have two d-link 320L NAS drives and want to back one up to the other. To do this the dlink help files say "you will need to configure the router to forward port 22, port 873, and port 62057 to the IP address of this ShareCenter".  I have set up a rule in the router GUI to forward these ports but cannot get the dlinks to talk (their connection test fails).  I've tried using a couple of online port checkers and both say that port 20 and 62057 are not open, but that 873 is.

Is there some way to verify the port forwarding using the telnet CLI interface as I'm not sure they have taken.

Any other ideas why the ports might still be blocked?

3 REPLIES 3
Pongo

Re: Port Forwarding Tehnicolor TG582n for Dlink NAS Remote Backup

Hi - any ideas anyone?Huh

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

I don't understand why you have to open ports up to the wider internet when presumably the two NAS are on your own local network. Is there some sort of remote management involved?
That's RPM to you!!
Pongo

It’s because I wanted to put one offsite for a remote backup. I have given up for the time being and have paid for Acronis cloud backup as I have several PCs on several sites to backup.