Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor wi-fi connection since switching to Plusnet

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Poor wi-fi connection since switching to Plusnet

@Ronnie8M 

Have you tried separating the 2.4 and 5GHz bands? I know that it's a long shot as you didn't have to do it before but you never know.

Long ago I gave up on both wireless and powerline for TV streaming and installed an Ethernet cable. It's now rock solid.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ronnie8M
Dabbler

Hi @Baldrick1 

I did try separating the bands. The tv wouldn't connect to the 5ghz band and connected through the 2.4 one - didn't make the slightest bit of difference unfortunately. Don't particularly want to run ethernet cable from room to room - I'm puzzled by it all as it's not far away and worked before. Can't see what might be causing the problem now so it's frustrating. Thanks

Ronnie8M
Dabbler

Hi @OskarPapa 

Thanks for reply. I reset the Smart Hub on the tv so all the apps were reloaded and it didn't make any difference. I have the app on my smart phone and when I tried that in the same room it also froze and wouldn't restart. I tried the iplayer app on my phone in the same room as the router and it certainly lasted longer - I turned it off as battery was low but will try it again to see whether it freezes or not.Thanks

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

No worries @Ronnie8M, and hanks for getting back to us.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks - LF