Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor/non existant speed on Android

FIXED
tsomo2000

Poor/non existant speed on Android

Hi All

I have a Plusnet hub VDSL, ever since I installed it and got rid of my old Technicolour router I've had terrible WiFi connection issues with my android phone.

For example, I can try to load YouTube, chrome, or any app that uses internet connectivity, sometimes the data will flow as usual, sometimes the app will not load any information, i.e it will just buffer or hang.

My wife's Samsung seems fine, as do my kids android tablets.

What is strange is that if for example I connect to another WiFi network (work/mum and dads) my phone works fine. No WiFi connectivity or speed issues.

I've tried changing channels in the router menu but this hasn't made any difference, I've also tried via an app to change to ip 8.8.8.8 but yet again no change.

The only way I can get apps to work if they don't connect is to close the app and open it back up.

Any theories or help would be appreciated.

Regards

Alex
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Poor/non existant speed on Android

Fix

Try separating the 2.4 and 5GHz channels, see here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Making-5-GHz-have-separate-SSID-with-the-Hub-One/m-p/1349587... then try each channel in turn.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

tsomo2000

Re: Poor/non existant speed on Android

Cheers! This seems to have fixed the problem. It's not 100% but it's a massive improvement!

Regards

Alex