cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet router

FIXED
Silverbirch60

Plusnet router

Hi, I've had a third-party router for a while but recently requested a free Plusnet one as it would be more up-to-date. Is this a dual-band router? If so, by definition it should be better than my old one but so far I haven't noticed a difference. If it's not a dual-band router I'll use one that is, but just wondering if Plusnet ones are definitely dual-band now? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Plusnet router

Fix

IF you mean by dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz then yes the plusnet HubOne is. However to many it's also unreliable and frankly doesn't have the greatest feature list either (but with that said it's better than my old cisco adsl router - although that did have a guest wifi network despite lacking many of the HO features).

We're on our 4th HO I think.. all the others were a pain. We had everything from dropped connections to the last one rebooting everytime you tried to access a certain page in the admin panel. The one we have now is finally reliable but it took us a while to get there.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Silverbirch60 

To clarify, if you are on srandard ADSL broadband you get a single band Hub Zero (Sagecom 2704N).

Fibre customers get a Hub One which is an old BT Home Hub 5A in a different case and with tweeked firmware.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Silverbirch60

Thanks very much. Yes, that is what I meant. Appreciate your reply.

Silverbirch60

Thank you.