cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub one usb port

nath16

Plusnet hub one usb port

Hi guys,

im wondering if you can attach a memory stick to the usb port on the plusnet hub one and use it as a network storage device to.

Thanks in advance

Nathan Wyatt

16 REPLIES 16
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet hub one usb port

Hi,

Yes a memory stick can be attached and seen across the local network. The memory stick may have to be formatted if it's not recognised. 

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
nath16

would i be able to use a 1tb hdd on it

if yes would this one work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elements-Portable-External-Drive-WDBUZG0010BBK-EESN/dp/B00CRZ2PRM/ref=sr_1_...

Thanks in Advance

Nathan Wyatt

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I cannot see why it shouldn't work. 

NE 

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

There are limits to the size of the device you can attach, as the hub is based on the BT HH5, have a look here for more detailed info https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Connecting-external-Hard-Drives-to-Home-Hub-5/td...

Grafter

OK its an old post but i just noticed the USB port on the router. Stuck in a 300GB external disk and bobs your uncle, shared on network. Now that is handy. BTW i think the hard disk or USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 if anyone else has never noticed before. 

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@1888 wrote:

BTW i think the hard disk or USB stick needs to be formatted to FAT32 if anyone else has never noticed before. 

Supported formats are FAT16, FAT32 & NTFS.

Grafter

Good one Browni cheers. I have a mains powered external disk attached to the spare room computer that i was using but obviously i need that computer on to stream through to livingroom. That is formatted to NTFS so later on i shall have a play with this more and set that up. Just need to show the wife how to access it now. Smiley 

paulharsley

How do I access the drive once connected? I see it on the network map on the router admin page but I don't see it on my computer (ubuntu)?
WilliamFTTC
Hooked

The USB attached device appears at smb://192.168.1.254 on my Ubuntu (with Samba installed).

gtagg

Hello,

does the plusnet hub support  SMB V2 for USB flash drives?  I have had a look in the settings and advanced settings but can't see an option.  

Thank you,

Gary

ms8v
Hooked

Apparently not - have a look at my post just below yours

jimriley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hmmm. Getting the same problem, need samba v2 to access from chromebook. So when will the hub be upgraded?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Sorry to say, there are no plans to upgrade the SMB version the Hub One uses Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jimriley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

That's a shame! When are you upgrading to a new hub then? Meanwhile will stick with the carrier pigeon post version, just plug my drive into chromebook directly.