Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub one questions

user123456789
Hooked

Plusnet hub one questions

Hi everyone

Just received the hub one due to ordering the youview+ box, and I've got a couple of questions.

Are there any alternate firmwares that will allow you to change DNS servers, add a custom dyndns provider (use duckdns) or setup port mirroring? Or anyway to access these settings? Telnet isn't responding, is there a cli available? Does anyone know where the detailed  manual for this device is?

All this could be done with the technicolour box I used to use, it must be possible with the hub one?

If not could anyone recommend a VDSL modem+router that has these features or at least is a bit more interesting in terms of access to technical features?

One last thing, the chap I spoke to on the phone today said I couldn't use the technicolour box due to it missing some multicast features that are needed for the youview+ box.

Many many thanks in advance, any thoughts gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: Plusnet hub one questions

Are there any alternate firmwares that will allow you to change DNS servers, add a custom dyndns provider (use duckdns) or setup port mirroring?

Nope. Well with MAJOR surgery ( opening box & soldering ) I believe it's possible to run OpenWRT

https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Running-OpenWRT-on-the-Plusnet-Hub-One... but that's DEFINITELY going to invalidate any warranty

Or anyway to access these settings?

Nope

Telnet isn't responding, is there a cli available?

Nope

Does anyone know where the detailed  manual for this device is?

There isn't one!.

Ok, that's the bad news,  so now a bit of good news...

According to this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Router-Configuration-for-Internet-Multicast-Channels/td-p/1077600 it seems as though the TG582n can be made to handle multicast.

I believe the config required to achieve this has already been pushed out to the Technicolor 582n routers that trialists are using, however I thought I'd start a post in here to collate instructions on how to get alternative devices working with these channels.

I would guess it's similar to the config shown on that thread for the TG589 but the dest may be slight different for the ifadd of the TV interface. Might be best to ask @bobpullen nicely if it's possible to push the config to your TG582 or at least confirm the CLI commands necessary to configure it

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fairly certain the 582n can be manipulated the same way as other Technicolor devices for multicast. The interfaces will probably be labelled differently though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

user123456789
Hooked

Hi

Got my youview box and it seems to work with the T582n, I didn't do anything.

Thanks if someone pushed an update to me.