cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub one dropping ADSL broadband on an evening

ADubb

Plusnet hub one dropping ADSL broadband on an evening

I have recently received a Plusnet hub one that looses broadband connection on an evening after 9pm on a regular basis, if I connect the standard router the connection is stable but the speed is awful. Is there a firmware update for the hub one, it is currently running software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263, Last update unknown.
WAN message is PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request].
PPPoA is down after 29 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN ATM over DSL - Down)]

Any help appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet hub one dropping ADSL broadband on an evening

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @ADubb, I have ran some tests for you now and it is coming back with a potential fault with the line. I would first advise having a run through our troubleshooting steps here:  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and getting your router connected into the test socket for the time being as shown here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Then please log a fault here with us: https://faults.plus.net and if you let us know once done, we can investigate further.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
ADubb

@tinytaco Hi, I've clicked on the link and think this has logged a ticket?

A Ticket has been raised to our Faults Team with these details. We'll contact you as soon as we have more information and let you know what happens next.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hello Smiley

You can respond and track your fault here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
ADubb

Hi @tinytaco I received an email from yourselves informing me that the provider was going to apply interleaving to my line, however a line fault has been identifies and this will potentially up the ping rate on gaming. My biggest issue is the online gaming and my son complaining about the PING!.

Not sure that I want this just a fix please, it's all gone quiet at the support end so please can I have an update? 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @ADubb and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry for the problems with your connection. I'd bear in mind that support via our community forums or the ticket system isn't instant response. As a rough guide we'd generally advise to allow around 72 hours for a fault ticket to be picked up.

Applying interleaving onto a connection while it has its drawbacks of slightly increasing latency has its benefits of artificially stabilising a line where needed through error correction. Personally in my opinion, drops in a connection will cause far higher latency than interleaving. 

Having said that I agree that if there's an underlying fault then that should be addressed, however interleaving was added automatically by our automated faults system rather than a conscious effort.

I've placed an order with our suppliers to remove interleaving which should go through tomorrow. I've also tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues with your service or the high resistance fault we've previously detected.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on this with your router leaving your router into the test socket. If you experience further drops (generally 3 drops within 24 hours or 6 drops within 72 hours), could you reply to your fault ticket Here with when you would be available for an engineer to visit and we'll book that in for you as soon as we can.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ADubb

Hi @Gandalf  My broadband speed has dropped to around 2Mbps looks like the exchange again, please can someone investigate. We're back round to the initial problem again 😞