cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet WiFi and mobile connection issues

Jojo290

Plusnet WiFi and mobile connection issues

Does anyone else have trouble connecting their android to Plusnet WiFi? I was on ee android and our home WiFi (Plusnet) never showed as an available network. I recently got a new phone and a new Plusnet sim and it still does not identify our home WiFi on the list of available networks. I spoke to customer services and they said it must be an android issue but I can connect to other people's WiFi no bother and everyone else who comes to visit can connect thero android no bother to our Plusnet network! My pc laptop has no issues either.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet WiFi and mobile connection issues

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Mobile to My Router..
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Jojo290 does the behaviour change if you reboot the router? Have you any Plusnet Wi-Fi connections saved on the device? If you have, might be an idea to delete/forget them, reboot the device and start from scratch. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Jojo290

I've tried a factory reset on the router 4 times with no improvement. And there were no saved networks on the new sim and phone.
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@Jojo290 

It's probably not the Plusnet router as such, more that the phone doesn't "like" the Plusnet router.

On the assumption that the WiFi on the phone will connect to other networks (thus there isn't a fundamental problem) I would see if the phone manufacturer has any newer firmware for the phone.

Also Google phone make and model and "WiFi problems" and see if there are others who report similar issues.

I am the satisfied customer....