Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet One Hub and VPN Issue

MadSkilzYo

Plusnet One Hub and VPN Issue

Hello all,

hope you can answer my question. 

I have an Asus RT-AC51 router configured with my vpn details (ipvanish), plugged into the plusnet router, all working fine until 2 days ago. When vpn is active I loose all internet traffic. I noticed the firmware on my plusnet router was updated on 6th August, have they changed something to stop people using vpn on plusnet. 

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet One Hub and VPN Issue

I can't think of anything in the new firmware update that would have affected VPN use. Might sound clichéd but have you tried power cycling both devices since? Assuming the Hub is acting as the modem, try powering both off, then power the Hub on, wait for it to establish a connection, then power the Asus on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MadSkilzYo

Thanks Bob,

yes ive tried this, still no joy. Strange thing is, if I choose a non U.K. Server ie Belgium, it works fine again. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@MadSkilzYo wrote:

I noticed the firmware on my plusnet router was updated on 6th August, have they changed something to stop people using vpn on plusnet. 

Upon further inspection I can see your router was actually upgraded early hours of the 7th August:

Session Started	        Session Ended	        Session Duration
06:08 08/Aug/2017	N/A	                3:29:33 (on going)
03:03 07/Aug/2017	06:06 08/Aug/2017	One Day, 3:3:16
14:54 27/Jul/2017	03:00 07/Aug/2017	10 Days, 12:5:52

If your problems started prior to that, then it's not going to be related.

In fact, you'd had an uninterrupted session 10 days prior to that, so if the issue arose during that time then it's unlikely (although not outside of the realms of possibility) to be anything our side Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MadSkilzYo

Hi Bob,

Lets take the asus router out of the equation for a moment. 

If I connect to the plusnet modem on my iPad I can activate a vpn via the ipvanish app. I get no internet access at all. If I choose a non U.K. Server, as mentioned above, I can access the internet  

If I disconnect from wifi, and use 4G on my iPad, and activate vpn, I get internet access

If I connect to my neighbours wifi, who is on BT, and do the same, I get internet access on any UK server I connect to. 

So surely it's a plusnet issue. 

MadSkilzYo

Ok. Think I've found a way to get it working. 

Thanks Bob for looking into it.