cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet One Hub Client Isolation?

grant1000
Hooked

Plusnet One Hub Client Isolation?

Hi all.  I'm having an issue getting my home IP camera working on my new Plusnet One Hub since moving to fibre.  It worked fine on my old Plusnet ADSL router.  The IP camera is only for viewing in the house so I don't need external access through the firewall.  If I plug the camera into a LAN port on the router it works fine.  Things I know and have tried below:

1. I have tried a static IP and DHCP on the camera and I can see that it is getting an IP address

2. I can see that the IP camera is getting a DHCP IP address so I'm pretty sure that it is connecting to my WiFi

3. I have tried the IP camera port on port 80 and 65000

4. My router firmware is 4.7.5.1.83.8.259

5. I think my issue is some kind of client isolation so devices on the WiFi can't see each other but I can't seem to find any setting refering to this on the router.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
grant1000
Hooked

Re: Plusnet One Hub Client Isolation?

Can anyone help with this issue?  It seems to also prevent my Chromecast working as well.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

There were some issues in the past with Hub one and Chromecast which  were thought to be Client isolation, but separating the WIFI bands seemed to fix it. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Chromecast-and-Hub1/td-p/1304996

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

grant1000
Hooked

Hi there, I did seperate the 2.4 and 5GHz networks but it didn't seem to help, I might try again.

Any idea how client isolation can be disabled as I still can't use my WiFi webcam in the house?

Thanks.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

I'm not sure it can be disabled on the Hub One. If it's part of the Smart Setup, like the BT Home Hub 5, then it can't be disabled I'm afraid.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.