cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub Two and Edovia Screens

nicksmith

Plusnet Hub Two and Edovia Screens

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. My parents used to have a BT Smarthub router which worked seamlessly with https://edovia.com/en/screens-mac/

Since they've upgraded to Plusnet's Smart Hub Two I've had no luck connecting/sharing their machine externally. 

• Tried disabling the firewall
  • Attempted (probably very badly) to configure port forwarding

No luck with either.

Instructions are here but even translating them to the router's port forwarding panel doesn't seem to help. 

If anyone has any ideas it would really help me out being the family tech support

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Plusnet Hub Two and Edovia Screens

@nicksmith  Welcome to the Community forums,

The Hub 2 has uPnP which is switched on by default. I would therefore start again, factory reset the Edovia screen and set it up from scratch using the automatic features. Chances are it would not work before as it was retaining the BT settings.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Baldrick1  Am I mistaken or is Edovia Screens just a piece of software ( an app if you like but a hate the word) Not sure how you would factory reset it.🤔

nicksmith

Thanks for the suggestion, removing preferences and reinstalling Screens was my first port of call. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the software (confirmed by Edovia after submitting a diagnostic report). 

I'm going to attempt to get them to plug in the old router at some point to eliminate everything but the new Hub Two, but it currently seems the most likely culprit. 

Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with screen sharing over the internet with the 'Hub Two' and if there are any immediately obvious things I've missed/done wrong.

Really appreciate all the help. 

nicksmith

@RealAleMadrid assumed he might have meant remove-prefs/delete app and reinstall. I want to factory reset my brain currently 🤣 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I’ve never used Edovia but I also screenshare with my parents who have a Hub Two and a Mac with the latest OS. (From tech support at work to tech support at home, it’s the life I was destined to have… Roll_eyes)

I use the free version of TeamViewer which works well out of the box. Not sure if it’ll do what you’d want, but might be worth a look and maybe a go.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I've had screens working just fine with a hub2
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
nicksmith

Locally or across the internet? Did you change any of the router settings?
nicksmith

Will give it a go. Thanks for the tip