cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

chillyelmo
Grafter

Plusnet Hub One

Hi, I upgraded from 34mb fibre unlimited to 72mb fibre extra and ever since the speeds and service has been awful.

I occasionally get around 70mb but most of the time it is around 30, which is less than what I was getting before!

I tried to do the troubleshooting but I was told to put it in test mode for 3 days and I haven't had a chance yet and I've lost the email so can't remember what I had to do.

I've bought a new router as I've heard this one is rubbish. So before I unbox it, can I run the Plusnet Hub One as modem only?

Or is there something else I can do? I've already separated into 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

This is happening mainly over WiFi but is affecting stuff I've got connected via powerlines.

Thanks i advance

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Plusnet Hub One

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds are varying.

We've tested your line and we can't see any issues remotely with the router being connected at the highest speeds possible.

So we can investigate further can you connect directly to the router with an ethernet cable and run a speedtest here?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chillyelmo
Grafter

I've just done that now and the page won't even load. Other pages are still loading such as Google

chillyelmo
Grafter

I'd turned WiFi off. Just ran an independent test and that got between 45 and 60. And the upload was eve more pathetic, nowhere near my "Guaranteed" Speeds.

I've been busy lately and thought I was being stupid but I am far from happy with the service. If that's the best I can get wired what have I been paying for for the last few months!?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@chillyelmo wrote:

I've just done that now and the page won't even load.

If you change the https to http it should load.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @chillyelmo,

Thank you for running a performance test by Ethernet cable.

After retesting the line, I have detected a bridge tap (connection with no electrical termination) on the line. Could you connect your router to the test socket and let us know when you have so that we can rerun the line test. This will rule out the bridge tap being caused by your internal wiring.

If the issue persists, do you still have the power line adapters connected to the router when running an Ethernet speed test? If you do please disconnect them and any other devices connected to the router, once complete reply to the fault ticket with your availability for an engineers visit.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
chillyelmo
Grafter

Here are the results:

Download Speed (Mbps): 67.28 

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 11.38 

Ping Latency (ms): 36

Powerline adapters were disconnected. Pretty pathetic. I complained about speeds when I first got the service, why were no issues flagged up?

Router is now connected to the test socket for tests

chillyelmo
Grafter

I ran further diagostics and the results were:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 41.76 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-70.41 Mbps

Is this true or do I need an engineer visit? If so there's no way I would have upgraded as I was regularly getting 34MB on my old service.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @chillyelmo

That isn't correct - your line should be providing between 72-80mb/s consistently via an ethernet connection from the test socket.

If it isn't, I'd recommend proceeding with the engineer visit - we'd just need your availability via your fault ticket here to get this booked in for you.

Best wishes

Dave