Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One time setting?

FIXED
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Hub One time setting?

Hi, firstly I do not own the hub one router, I have the older 582n which I know how to set up as I can see all the settings etc myself.

I am trying to help my sister who does have the hub one router, she wants it set so that all wifi connection are off between 11pm and 7am. I can't go around to her house as she lives a long way off from me, so I'm limited to helping her over the phone. We thought we had done it the other night but she said it didn't work! She's not the best person with tech so can anyone point me into the direction of where she need to look so that I can relay it to her over the phone please?

What I tried and thought would work: Home network - Access control - wireless time control. But she said that didn't work!

Any links to pictures of the settings she needs to find would be great.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet Hub One time setting?

Fix
Setting and then Plusnet access control
Excellent!
slavo71
Rising Star

Nice one cheers for that mate, sent the ss over to her via email Wink

Edit* just wondering, the permanent box at the end after you disable access for all devices and then set the time from-to, do you tick that so that it's blocked each day, or is that to block access 24/7?

EDIT 2* lol just called her and tried it, the permanent ticked overwrites the time and blocked access straight away, it's nothing to do with days. 

Thanks again.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

Permanent is when you want it on there for so long. Need to press apply for it to take effect.
Excellent!
slavo71
Rising Star

So just setting the time and NOT ticking permanent will switch it off at the set times each night for ever (so to speak).

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

Let's hope so. Tbh I've never used it. Just trying to help.
Excellent!
slavo71
Rising Star

OK thanks, she's set it now so will soon find out Smiley

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Just be aware that the Disable access for all devices: option does what is says. 

Setting this option will block both wired and wireless connectivity during the selected time period, which may not be what's required if you only want to block WiFi access.

It also appears to block all LAN traffic passing through the hub as well, with the exception of admin access to the hub one itself.Crazy2

You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
slavo71
Rising Star

Just to update this, spoke to my sister this morning and the internet is being turned off each night at the same time with that setup, so thanks guys Smiley

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

That's good to hear:)
Excellent!