cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One restarting several times a day: Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

dpcfm

Plusnet Hub One restarting several times a day: Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

I joined Plusnet about 7 years ago and was sent this Hub One router but never used it until a couple of days ago when my TP-Link Archer VR200 died. I can't remember ever having any problems while using the TP-Link, but this Hub One is restarting several times a day. I did not change anything else - just swapped the routers. The Hub One is the only device connected to the phone line. I have followed the troubleshooting guide, connected to the test socket and I changed the microfilter and RJ11 cable for the ones that came in the box with the Hub One. Didn't help. I can see the Hub One firmware updated to version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 at some point yesterday but it hasn't helped. The event log gives the reason for the restarts as:

19:18:49, 19 Apr.( 17.710000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

I found an older thread from a poster with the same event log entry and in that case the router had to be replaced.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-rebotting-2-3-times-a-day-Boot-reason-watchdog-reset...

Hope you can help soon with this as I have quite a few online meetings to attend this week for work.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet Hub One restarting several times a day: Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet Hub One restarting several times a day: Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

@dpcfm, that's indicative of a hardware fault. I've requested a replacement is shipped to you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵