Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One restarting itself often

Wiggz89
Hooked

Plusnet Hub One restarting itself often

Hey!

I've been having a problem with my router since I became a Plusnet customer back in October 2018. It has been restarting itself almost on a daily basis (sometimes several times per day!). I've ran through the basic troubleshooting, and I'm still having problems. There seems to be no set pattern. Sometimes it'll reset around 7pm, sometimes 1am, sometimes in the morning etc.. It doesn't seem to happen when I'm connecting devices, or when a surge of traffic goes through it.

The light turns green, and then flashes orange, then solid orange with the broadband 'b' light, and then it reconnects. It usually only takes around 5 mins or so, but it's quite frustrating when I'm in the middle of something online.

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 | Last updated Unknown.

If someone could have a look at my connection and let me know what's up, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Plusnet Hub One restarting itself often

Thanks for getting in touch.

The firmware version your router has is quite old which may be the cause of the issues you're having

Can you try resetting the router using the pinhole on the back? This should then push a newer version out within the next 24 to 48 hours

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Wiggz89, the updated firmware was pushed to you a couple of days ago however our systems are showing the device is no longer online?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Wiggz89
Hooked

Hey guys,

I did as instructed on the 18th and the firmware seems to have updated:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 18/02/19

I'm currently connected to the internet through it, so not sure why it's saying it's no longer online!

I had another disconnect last night, so it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Might be worth another reboot. It's since the restart last night that there's been no communication. If I can get to the device, I might be able to work out what's going on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Wiggz89
Hooked

I've just reset it again. Thumbs_Up

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's done the trick, thanks. Once you've seen a few more restarts, let me know and I'll see if I can spot anything (I can't at the moment as the reset results in a clean slate).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Wiggz89
Hooked

Hey guys,

Just to let you know I've experienced no random restarts since doing the reset a second time, so I'll consider this issue fixed.

Thank you for the help!