Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One + external router

FIXED
iosifs

Plusnet Hub One + external router

Hi,

I successfully installed the Plusnet Hub One router; connection / wi-fi works just fine.

Our previous setting had a Linksys WRT54G2 router downstairs to boost the wi-fi with a separate network. I don't recall having to do anything special, just plugged in the ethernet from the previous model to the router. Now it doesn't seem to work.

On Devices, I see "Lan 2 100 Mb/s" acknowledging where the cable is plugged in. Sometimes an "unknown connection" appears. I recall that clicking on it said "not connected" or something like that. In Home the unknown connection is listed under ethernet and shows an IP.

What is the proper setup for this? Is there anything I'm missing? Should automatic DHCP be enough or should the Linksys router also use PPPoE?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Hub One + external router

Fix
iosifs

Oh my God. This is it!

The key part is having two DHCP servers in the same network was messing everything up (even devices connecting to the wi-fi). Manually setting the router as an access point as described in the article you linked solved everything.

I'm still a bit confused why I never needed this manual config all this time in the previous setups, but oh well.

Thanks a lot for this!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Having multiple DHCP servers on the same network is never a good idea.

Glad to hear you've got things working.

Keep your eyes peeled for the problem being discussed here though. It's looking increasingly evident that the issue arises most where people are using additional access points on their network.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵