cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One and Humax HDR 1100S

G3YBO
Grafter

Plusnet Hub One and Humax HDR 1100S

Just connected a new Humax 1100S to my Hub One.    It will not connect to it either on Wifi or RJ45 cable.

Anyone else had this problem ?

Thanks

Roger

2 REPLIES 2
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Plusnet Hub One and Humax HDR 1100S

Hi 

Some devices have a problem with the hub dual band having the same SSid (name). Try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

Once you have done that "forget" the connection on your device and then restart the device and log onto both the SSids if the device can use both frequencies.

As it didnt work on rj45 either that may not work. I assume when you plug it in you get flashing lights on the hub/humax box to show the ethernet link is up?

One thing to try is set it to have a specific IP. its kind of hidden as it will use DHCP normally.

1. unplug from your router
2. Boot box.
3. Check Network settings, Auto appears as the only option, press OK.
4. After approx 30 seconds, and error message appears, and you will then have access to a manual setup option.

enter an ip of 192.168.1.250 gateway is 192.168.1.254 dns is 192.168.1.254 subnetmas is 255.255.255.0

Not sure if it will ask for all of them or not. Then plug cable back in.

Only other way of setting static ip on it if it wont let you configure if LAN is not up is to disable DHCP in the router, do steps 2-4 above then turn dhcp back on again.

G3YBO
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Hub One and Humax HDR 1100S

Ok thanks for the help.

Simple problem, when Humax comes on it defaults to caps lock for password.   Set to Lc and all is well.

As to setting different SSIDs.  Cannot see how you can change this ?

I would like to change just the 5g SSID ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Roger