cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One - adding custom firewall rules

Black_Shuck

Plusnet Hub One - adding custom firewall rules

Hi,

After a great deal of frustration & unhelpful support regarding adding custom rules to allow an IP address & port number to allow access to hardware I have I figured somebody might just know how this can be done.

Plusnet is blocking a port I require on a payment device thus rendering inoperable until I can resolve the issue.

My support partner has ran diagnostics on the equipment to trace the issue & has advised the solution, however we have no facility on the hub to add these rules unless someone knows how this can be done?

MESSAGE FROM OUR SUPPORT PARTNER:-

I spoke to Ingenico (after the call with Merchant and Ingenico ) to get an update on this issue. Ingenico advised me that it is a port issue -based on the diagnostics they have done. The merchant needs to log onto the internet provider's browser and on the browser he needs to find the bit which manages connections- and then add the below details : 

IP address - 195.190.22.229
Port 20020
Merchant advised that Plusnet is refusing to open the ports due to data protection - Ingenico think that this needs to be done. 

Now , essentially it should be Plusnet who need to log onto the browser and set up the ports - if this is not done , the issue will never get resolved even if we send out a new terminal.

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet Hub One - adding custom firewall rules

Assuming you have the Plusnet Firewall disabled (look under Connection Settings in the Member Centre), then we won't be blocking that port.

If you need to set up a port forwarding rule to allow the traffic then this is done yourself using the router interface. There are guides elsewhere round these parts on how to do it.

I'll be honest, the advice you've received sounds misinformed at best Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Black_Shuck

Hello Bob,

I have turned off the firewall in Connections > Firewall in the member portal

I can make the device work on my other Plusnet account at another location fine, I even took my router & plugged it in at the business location & same problem exists.

From a logical viewpoint if it works on one phone line it should work on all connecting to the same ISP? 

Thanks for your reply, I hope we can find the problem

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

So I'm clear...

- You have two Plusnet lines?
- The PDQ (assuming that's what it is), works fine at one location, but not the other?
- If you take the router from the non working location to the working location, the PDQ stops working there too?

If my assumptions are correct, then you're looking at an issue with one of the accounts, or the router at the non working location.

Questions:-

1. What model router are you using at each location?
2. I'm out for a few days but can you private message me the username of both accounts please?
3. Was the firewall switched on for the affected account, and if so, have you rebooted the router since switching it off?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Black_Shuck

PM sent