cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One - Orange light , flashing B

Conorharvey

Plusnet Hub One - Orange light , flashing B

Hello, as of yesterday my internet and phone line went live. When I was informed my broadband was up and running I was eager to get online, buuuut there's an issue. I have a solid orange light, followed by a flashing b symbol underneath.
I've contacted customer support who believe it's a sync error as all tests seem fine, and I've factory reset it multiple times.
A family member used to have the same router, so we tried plugging that one in and it still shows the same issue.
The customer support team were great and have set up a faulty request on my behalf which could take 72 hours to hear back, and then most likely an engineer will need to be sent out.
Is there anything else I can do my side? I've tried different routers, ADSL filters, changed my router email and password to the right one on 192.168...
I've even tried plugging the line into the test line on my openreach master socket 5c.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this, what could the issues be, and has anyone on here ever had an engineer out before, if so how long does it take?

Cheers guys
7 REPLIES 7
Krisdog

Re: Plusnet Hub One - Orange light , flashing B

Same here. Engineer fitted socket yesterday, I plugged the router in and orange or red flashing all day yesterday and after midnight.

this morning I phoned the helpline and chap said probably an issue with porting the phone number.

i get an email about an hour ago now saying all services are working. But they’re not. No change. Orange light and sometimes flashing, red b always flashing.

which day counts as activation day, yesterday or today?

should I wait until after midnight?

i wish I’d never changed provider.

Conorharvey

My sockets were already in place fortunately, but yep, I got told it would be before midnight that it would go live and then once it went live it said I'd have to wait till midnight so wasn't too sure!
But even now it doesn't work, tried it this morning in every port in the house and still nothing!
I've got a feeling it's going to be another week and a bit before anything gets resolved, even though it's been three weeks since purchase 😭
Hoping you find a fix soon mate
Krisdog

So much for putting the kettle on and waiting five minutes for the light to go blue!

@Conorharvey wrote:
My sockets were already in place fortunately, but yep, I got told it would be before midnight that it would go live and then once it went live it said I'd have to wait till midnight so wasn't too sure!
But even now it doesn't work, tried it this morning in every port in the house and still nothing!
I've got a feeling it's going to be another week and a bit before anything gets resolved, even though it's been three weeks since purchase 😭

@Conorharvey wrote:

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@Conorharvey@Krisdog 

Are you both up and running now? 

If not let me know and I'll take a look into both accounts and see exactly what's going on. 

Thanks, 

MoR

Krisdog

I phoned again this morning, and spoke to Tom who ran a test which showed an incomplete connection on the phone line. Openreach were contacted who said they would correct it by Wednesday 21 June. Tom was very helpful.

so fingers crossed.

Conorharvey

Hey!

Unfortunately not no, I've unplugged the router after a couple of days as I was told by customer service that they've raised a fault!
Just waiting to hear back now, so not sure how long this could take !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see we added an update to your account yesterday regarding an engineer visit. Here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193229088 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team