cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One Firmware update

dleholt
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Hub One Firmware update

The beta firmware didn’t seem to help with my issue unfortunately. After about a week my wifi devices would no longer stay connected, plus I noticed really poor throughput including from wired devices. Rebooting the router resolved it again, but I have now swapped it out for the replacement Hub One.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the new firmware.

Does the replacement router effectively fix the problem?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RPrie
Dabbler

Sorry to jump in to a thread here - I've got exactly the same issue but have just been pointed to this forum and advised to PM. Having just registered, I'm apparently not allowed to PM with my login. Could someone confirm how I can submit my serial to have the firmware forced?

dleholt
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the new firmware.

Does the replacement router effectively fix the problem?

I think it took about a week to ten days of uptime before my router started playing up, so I probably won’t know until next week. Plus I’m moving at the end of next week, so it’s going to get a reboot then anyway. I’ll post back when I have anything conclusive to report.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @RPrie

I'd be happy to arrange for the firmware to be updated, but could you confirm the version you're on first? Could I also ask what issues you're experiencing with the current firmware?

@dleholt, ah fair no worries. Hope the move goes well. Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rlindsay

Hi Gandalf,

I have been suffering wireless disconnects recently which sound similar to the issues that a number of posts that have been resolved by a firmware update.  I have tried changing channels, separating 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and there are no other houses within 200 meters so am not clashing with neighbours.

I am currently on 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2, would it be possible to arrange for my firmware to be updated?

Thanks

Roger

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Roger.

I've passed a request on to our products team to update the firmware in your router. Due to a temporary issue we're currently experiencing with the hardware management platform, I'd allow around a week for this to be actioned.

Let us know how things look this time next week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RPrie
Dabbler

Hey @Gandalf So I've spoken to support who asked me to reboot my router and they reset my line profile on your side. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

I've consistently had 66 - 70 Meg since being with a customer with you guys - almost a year now....

The past couple of months, I have had my line speed drop below 40 meg (confirmed through Helpdesk page on Hub One) though my connection has maintained in an up state with optimal SNR etc - router had not dropped or flinched in 56 days (line) - to quote - "you lucky .......".

Anyway, it appears not..... the reboot and line reset worked for last week and now, the speed is starting to drop again....

So to rule things out, do we do a firmware upgrade on this damn awful piece of plastic or do I hand this to a friend that enjoys clay pigeon shooting and see if he can get a better downstream as its flung through the air?

Currently running firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated Unknown

Many thanks!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @RPrie

I'm not sure what the adviser has done, but we certainly can't reset a fibre line profile.

I don't think a firmware upgrade will fix the issues you're seeing as your line is banded at a line speed of 54.9mbps.

I've emailed a colleague to add your account to the DLM reset tracker for the line to be reset remotely the correct way. Due to this process just being a trial, I'd allow around a week for you to see a change. 

Let us know how things look this time next week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RPrie
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf

Not sure either in honesty but was polite and went along with it. I'm not expecting 69 meg but my line handles 60 easily and since the below firmware has "appeared" on my box, things have started slowing and its not a line fault hence why I came to yourself to check out the firmware since the line is fine.

I'll keep tabs on things and report back if thats OK? Heard about there being a mechanism for you guys to interact with the DLM so not sure if thats even made things "interesting". Who knows but will report back!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah, no worries. Yeah keep us posted on how your speeds look across the next few days. As far as I understand it when we request as DLM reset for a fibre line we'd add it to a tracker we'd send over to our suppliers and they'd then send it over the appropriate team within Openreach.

Fingers crossed you get an improved speed soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RPrie
Dabbler

Happy days! Thanks muchly!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ChrisaLyd12
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

I asked for our firmware to be updated to the latest version earlier on in this thread - received a PM (for the life of me can not remember who this was from!) stating that this request will be forwarded to Bob but I assume due to the router management platform being down this can not happen yet?

Our router has not been updated since:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 31/01/18

I understand there is a newer version available?

Thanks 

RPrie
Dabbler

Hey @Gandalf

So a bit of an update with developments - need your advise on the best way to go with this.

Obviously my line is working fine but something has got a bit wrong for me to notice issues.

It transpires (maybe not the best word as it was pretty obvious with the smell of burning) that my router has had a nervous breakdown - full fire and brimstone material.

I think its just "one of those things" but it got red hot and has melted some of the casing so I had to power it off and leave it outside for a bit.

This is normally sat on its own table next to the master socket with a surge protected supply so wasn't exactly bunged in a cupboard....

So where I am now, I have bunged in a  brand new dedicated modem last night after the issue was evident and behind that sits a router / firewall. Nothing fancy or complex but all ethernet based.

So now, I am hitting a consistent sync rate - happy days but here is the issue:

I received an email from the support team last night saying that a line test had been completed and the "fault had been resolved" - I can PM the question ref if that would help if you have visibility of it...... but I believe the whole idea was to remove the PN profile and set to max as well as request through BTOR a DLM reset which should "hopefully" remove the BTOR banding that has been put in place.

Simply put, and apologies if I have misunderstood - it looks line a line test has been completed but no DLM reset?

Can you help before this gets messy and complicated?

Many thanks!