Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Xemik
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Hub One Firmware update

@bobpullen wrote:

@Xemik, bit late to the table but yes, that would be really helpful Smiley 

Sorry, meant to do this last night when everyone had gone to bed, but I forgot. I can't do it today, because it's the missus birthday, so i'l try not do it first thing tomorrow, if that's ok.

20min_wait_zz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Issue with kindle fire causing wireless to die seems to have gone but I've been seeing issues with wireless connectivity across multiple other devices (andriod, windows & apple) over past couple of days since new firmware applied. Symptoms include Network SSID disappearing briefly and then authentication errors on logging into wireless, does eventually reconnect but takes so time, reboot of router seems to sort.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Damn, that's disappointing. A few others who have received the update have reported everything as being rosy so far. If it becomes too much of a pain over the coming days, then I'm happy to revert things to how they were.

@Xemik, hopefully this doesn't put you off Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Xemik
Grafter

@bobpullen wrote:

Damn, that's disappointing. A few others who have received the update have reported everything as being rosy so far. If it becomes too much of a pain over the coming days, then I'm happy to revert things to how they were.

@Xemik, hopefully this doesn't put you off Wink

Well, erm...

Sorry, as usual events have overtaken me, so I've not been able to do anything today. However, I'm hoping to connect the PH1 between 12pm and 1pm tomorrow.

Xemik
Grafter

@bobpullen I'm about to go out, so I'll connect the PH1 now.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Xemik, thanks - all done. Let me know how it goes...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Xemik
Grafter

@bobpullen wrote:

@Xemik, thanks - all done. Let me know how it goes...

Been up 4+ hours & both Kindles are connected.

dleholt
Grafter

Not wishing to hijack this thread, but I wonder whether this is the same issue I've been having with wifi on my Hub One recently. No Kindle in the house but I do have an Amazon Fire stick plugged into the TV. Wifi keeps disconnecting - lots of errors in the router logs about clients disassociating/associating, plus many devices then start prompting for wifi passwords. A reboot cures it for a while.

My current firmware version is 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1. Having just renewed my contract and mentioned the wifi issues at the time, PlusNet were going to send me out a new router, although it's been a week and no sign of it arriving. I guess if it's the same firmware version it may not make any difference anyway.

Would it be worth trying another firmware version?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Xemik, that's great news. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

@dleholt, I can see that your router is on order, however, the order seems to have gotten stuck and so I've re-dispatched it. It should be with you within the next 3-5 working days (It'll go First class so realistically I'd expect it sooner than this).

I'd definitely recommend giving the new router a go, as the in-built software will automatically update it to the latest firmware release available.

Xemik
Grafter

@OskarPapa wrote:

Hi @Xemik, that's great news. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Definitely seems stable now, but I'm curious to know what the Kindle was doing that upset the PH1. Wink

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Xemik, the crash relates to aspects of the power saving mechanism on the 5GHz network. I'll be honest, I'm not too close to the specifics.

@dleholt, did your problem start around 17th October by any chance? There's no evidence of the exception/crash in your logs, however I can see devices constantly associating/disassociating themselves. I've just upgraded you to the early firmware build to see if it helps. Can you let me know how you've gotten on after a couple of days please?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

dleholt
Grafter

Thanks Bob,

Difficult to say when it started exactly, but mid-late October sounds about right.

So far it seems to be working ok, although I do still see client disassociated/associated mesages in the logs. Curiously my lad just mentioned his wired connection is suddenly more stable since yesterday, so perhaps my issue wasn’t confined to wifi.

My replacement router arrived today too but I’ll stick with this old one for now so we can confirm if the firmware has fixed the issue.

20min_wait_zz
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

After my last post I changed the wireless channel and things seemed pretty stable but have experienced issues tonight. BBC iPlayer on AndriodTV started buffering. Android phone couldn't connect to wireless, checked on a Windows pc and that was having wireless connection issues to. Rebooted hub. Everything working again. Checked logs on hub and from 20.42 dozens of client disassociated / associated messages

ChrisaLyd12
Dabbler

@bobpullen Hi Bob, please could you confirm that the latest 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 has been pushed to all routers?

Ours is still on 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 31/01/18

There was a thread raised back in January/February this year which I contributed to and it seemed that restoring firmware ceased the update URL, resetting back to factory defaults and setting up from scratch worked ok.

Ours is still pointing towards the https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo URL which i hope is ok?

Please let me know if I can be of any help?

Thanks