Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One Firmware 237 to 259

FIXED
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Hub One Firmware 237 to 259

Hi @Gandalf Openreach came out this morning, they've found a fault but it's 'underground' so needs a different engineer to deal with it, as there were no spare pairs to swap. #fingerscrossed

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

No problem @smallblueplanet, please let us know how it goes after the second engineer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf @SammyM The 'underground' Openreach engineer has been out and found two faults - one about 90m from the cabinet and another about 210m from the house. Both will need to be dug to get at but he didn't know who would be doing it (contractors or Openreach).

Don't know what happens next, do they keep you updated?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @smallblueplanet,

I have updated the fault ticket with regards to the information we received from our suppliers. Our faults team will continue to monitor the fault and provide updates as we receive them. If you require any assistance in the meantime, reply to this thread and we will take a look for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf @bobpullen I had a call from the Openreach engineer this morning saying "there was an underground fault, but the area of the fault (in front of a house, across their drive) was difficult as the house owners claimed the land as theirs. 
The engineer told me that he needed to put in an application to dig to the local council, this would clear up who owned the land that the cable goes through."

But I've just had the ticket updated by CS saying the fault is fixed?!

"We have had confirmation from our suppliers that your phone fault should now be fixed. We have checked the line and everything appears to be in order but we are not able to account for every eventuality.

If your service is still not working please get back in touch and we will be happy to investigate further for you. 

*INTERNAL*
Main Fault Location: LN (Fault located in local network)
Fault Code: NSY (Noisy)
Clear Code: 82.2
Clear Message: In Joint AreaCable (Underground)

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support"

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @smallblueplanet

From reading the engineer notes, while I can see they've mentioned that dig work is needed, the engineer has sent the fault report back to us in a cleared state, which had triggered that notification we've sent you.

The engineer has also mentioned that the underground fault isn't affecting your service. Unfortunately this means that we can't track the progress of the work I'm afraid, but they'd still be working to fix this in the background.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf, it's as I sort of expected. Living in the countryside with old lines *shrugs*. But the fibre upgrade seems to have gone well (fingers crossed). Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem, and I'm glad that your fibre upgrade has gone well.

Let us know if you experience any further issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smallblueplanet
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf I've been getting disconnects on the line (noisy too). I wonder if Openreach have swapped my line back to the old one, do you know? A couple of weeks ago they were digging up the cable and while they were doing it swapped my line to a spare pair. They said that my (old) line was faulty, I joked and said leave me on the spare then as it seems okay. But the engineer said that one was faulty too! 

Anyway, it's been getting worse over the past few days...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Ah, that's disappointing to hear. We'd not be able to find out unfortunately but going through the faults process should highlight if that's been the case. 

I've tested your line but no faults are being flagged up either on testing the phone or broadband service. 

At this stage I'd try connecting your phone into the test socket with everything disconnected, if the noise is still there we'd be best arranging an engineer visit. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team