cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One DHCP Address Reservation

lorisarvendu
Grafter

Plusnet Hub One DHCP Address Reservation

I have been trying to add reserved addresses to the Hub One and there doesn't seem to be any way to "preload" them.  So far I've found the only way is to allow the device to pick up an address from the pool (usually the next available), then double-click the device in the Devices section, set it to "always use this address" and then manually change the address to the one I want.

(there is a reason for this.  I ssh into several of my devices, so like to have the same IP each time so I don't have to alter client settings on other machines).

Is there an easier way to do this?  Hidden page or a config file I can drag down through telnet and manually populate?  I notice there is an ssh daemon running but it appears to deny permission to any attempt to logon.

A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet Hub One DHCP Address Reservation

Hi there,

No there isn't a way to preload these so each IP would have to be assigned manually to each device.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lorisarvendu
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Hub One DHCP Address Reservation

Yeah I suspected as much.  Previous routers (including the various Netgears that PN used to supply) allowed you to add reservations manually (IP & MAC address) prior to connecting the device for the first time.  The Hub One only allows you to modify the device once it has already connected and picked up an address. You then have to give it a new address and reboot the device to ensure it picks it up.

This makes it a very slow process for people like me who have 25 devices, including:

4 Xboxes (2 classic, 1 360 and a One), a 3DS, a Wii, 3 Raspberry Pis, 2 BluRays, 1 Sky box, 5 Android devices, 2 laptops (with 2 IP addresses each), 4 VMs (because I'm a Geek), and a Kindle.

This is not unusual these days.

Ah well, back to the grind.  I hope there is an option somewhere on the menu to back-up these settings and restore them if I ever have to factory reset the router.  Please tell me there is...

A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.