cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One 5Ghz WiFi Disconnects ALL devices

BakaZora

Re: Plusnet Hub One 5Ghz WiFi Disconnects ALL devices

Hi,

Is there any update on this? I split my channels around 6 months ago to connect some cheap smart lights that would only connect to 2.4Ghz and noticed that the 5ghz channel wouldn't allow anything to connect. Restarting the router resolved the issue for around a day until it started happening again.

Thinking it might be a faulty router, I contacted support and got a new one sent out, however, the exact same has started happening again. I've also moved house between these router swaps so unlikely to be something to do with the source.

I'm thinking it's more of a hardware/firmware fault, especially considering the multiple different users reporting this.

Any further suggestions?
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Plusnet Hub One 5Ghz WiFi Disconnects ALL devices

fwiw, see statement by @bobpullen half way down this page in the following link:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-losing-internet-connection-on-5Ghz-WiFi-only/td-p/16...

It's believed to be a bug in latest firmware (ending .263) deployed since last Easter.

ie. There is no solution, yet.

Official advice is do not use 5 GHz wifi on Hub One if you witness the issue.  Unofficially, use another router such as a BT Smart Hub - plenty of them on eBay.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-