cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 1 rebooting many times an hour

giraffeandtiger
Grafter

Plusnet Hub 1 rebooting many times an hour

Any suggestions on what could cause this?

My plusnet hub 1 router went through 2 periods of rebooting itself repeatedly. But then works fine.  It seems okay right now but we're getting less than the promised bandwidth (which isn't new).

Reboots happened:
00:46:14, 07 Sep to 04:54:07, 07 Sep every 7 minutes
12:57:52, 09 Sep to 06:11:40, 10 Sep every 15 minutes

The log doesn't show anything interesting that I can see. (attached)

Hopefully I'm not revealing anything too private in this log?

I'm waiting for a callback from plusnet faults team - it would be useful to have some suggestions on what relevent information I should tell them.

I'm currently plugged into the test socket via a microfilter and have been since 9th Sept around 16:45 when a plusnet customer support person suggest I do so.

The bandwidth we get is below the minimum (44mbps) that I was promised in my contract, it's usually around the 40mbps and has been since aorund the start of the pandemic lockdown.  Is there a way I can check stuff myself around this?  An explanation on terms would be useful for me here like sync rate etc.

We haven't changed anything or plugged anything new into the system.  We were asleep when the fault first started happening on the 7th and using the broadband to work from home when it happened again on the 9th.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
giraffeandtiger
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Hub 1 rebooting many times an hour

In case anyone else is reading this with the same issue.

Woke up this morning (13th) to find the router was in another really tight boot loop (for the third time).

I factory reset and it came up stable.

(held down reset with a paper clip for 20 seconds)

Will see what happens, fingers crossed ...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Plusnet Hub 1 rebooting many times an hour

Those logs don't look healthy. Not much I can deduce from them other than the fact that it does look like a full system reboot. Shout if the problem persists after the factory reset. Good chance the router needs replacing.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵