Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Hub one crashing

AndyD1
Grafter

Re: PlusNet Hub one crashing

Hello.

I’m just after a bit of an update. I got an email from yourself this morning to say a dig team is meant to be coming to sort this problem out today. Have they been? My router went off between 10 and 11 this morning. My line speed is now 24:14mbps.

Thanks.
AndyD1
Grafter

22.33Mbps now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy, I can see we've received confirmation from our suppliers at 1pm that your service has been fixed but upon retesting your line we can still see an enormous amounts of errors showing so I've passed the fault report back to them.

We'd likely need to arrange another engineer visit as the fault had been closed on the Openreach systems, but I'll let you know as soon as we know more with regards to the next steps to get this fixed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Oh your joking.

I really appreciate your help and this isn’t a go at you but this is getting silly now and I’m really getting fed up with the whole thing.

Ok keep me posted please.

Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I understand the frustration and I've just passed on to yourself information we've received from our suppliers.

As soon as I know more you'll be the first to know. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Frustration at the moment is an understatement.

I apologise now for the following rant. This is not aimed at you but this has gone on for months now. This needs sorting now once and for all even if the whole Openreach workforce have to come out to fix it. I’m nearly on first name basis with all the engineers. I’m paying for a service each month that I’m just not getting.

I’m really sick and tired of the whole thing now.

Again I apologise for the above rant.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Andy, I realise you've had quite a few engineers and this has been ongoing for some time. I can see we've received a response back from our suppliers now to advise we need to arrange another engineer visit to investigate further.

Can you add a reply to your ticket with additional availability and I'll get this booked in for you as soon as we can.

Once we've got this resolved I'll make sure we refund you anything you've paid for a service you've not had and offer you a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience this has caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Thanks. I’ll phone now to get a visit booked.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can call you if it's easier?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Yes please
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone Andy, as discussed I've booked an engineer for Monday Afternoon next week and I've also raised an escalation requesting the field operations manager is involved and a multi-skilled engineer is assigned in the hope that that's the last visit. I'll follow things up with you afterwards.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Just an update that my router hadn’t gone off for 1 day and 17hours but the last few days the speed is terrible. Getting around 13Mbps.

This needs sorted on Monday once and for all.
AndyD1
Grafter

Update.

Router has been off for 15-20 minutes this afternoon and I’m now getting 27.86Mbps but BT haven’t been to the house. Haven’t even seen a van.

Do I take it they have been up the road and hopefully sorted the issue?

Thanks.
AndyD1
Grafter

Router is off again.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy. Sorry for the continued issues you're having, however I can see we've booked an engineer visit for this afternoon to investigate further. We wouldn't know definitively the cause for this because line tests aren't showing any issues and we can't currently run a test due as there's an open fault in the Openreach system.

At this stage I wouldn't like to speculate. Could you let us know how the visit goes please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet