cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Hub one crashing

AndyD1
Dabbler

PlusNet Hub one crashing

I’ve been using a BT HUB 6 for a year now due to very poor WiFi speeds with the PN one but now finding my broadband speed is terrible, around the 7-11 meg. Had BT out and they fitted a new BT hub 6 but made no difference so ended up plugging in my old PN hub 1. Bingo 40 meg download speeds but the router keeps crashing.
Can do it’s every 5-10min or last for a few hours. It eventually comes back but now getting really annoying. Anything I need to change?

Cheers everyone.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 99

Re: PlusNet Hub one crashing

@AndyD1 

Try putting the Smarthub back. It could have been that it was dropping the broadband connection and reconnecting that caused your speed to recover, not the change of router.

I'm amazed that BT gave you a replacement Smarthub. Did they set it up with your Plusnet credentials for you as well?

AndyD1
Dabbler

I had to change the settings to plus net.

The BT routers are both stable but as soon as I connect them my speed drops to 10-15meg and stays like that.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 63

Thanks for your post @AndyD1.

We're sorry to hear of your connection issues.

On checking the account, we can see that you've since called in and that our faults team are currently investigating the issue.

As soon as there's a further update they'll be in touch directly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 121

@AndyD1 what firmware version is the Hub One running? It should tell you in the footer of the web interface.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵