Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Hub one crashing

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: PlusNet Hub one crashing

Hi Andy, I can arrange for an engineer to attend in the 1pm to 6pm timeslot however I can't guarantee they'll arrive before 5pm or have finished their work before then due to how engineers are allocated and complete their jobs.

Can you reply to your ticket with a timeslot that somebody will be available? I can't book an engineer directly from a request via our community forums I'm afraid, responding to the ticket will basically keep this documented on to your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Engineer coming out Friday afternoon. Router is going on and off like mad now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update Andy, let us know how it goes on Friday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Will do and thanks for all your help. Currently getting a speed of 15:96.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all, hopefully the engineer will be able to fix this for you on the day

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

I take it BT can see or will know all the errors you can see?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah the engineer will be able to run line tests which will show the errors (Hopefully the errors will be there when the engineer visits). Also this has been passed to the case management team due to the repeated engineering attempts and we've submitted an escalation proforma to Openreach requesting a multi-skilled engineer to be assigned.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Morning everyone.

Engineer hasn’t been yet but my router hasn’t dropped for 33 hours now but my speed is 20.78.

Can you still see all the errors on my line?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy, we can't test your line while there's an open fault with Openreach I'm afraid but looking at the data from yesterday the mean time between errors (MTBE) was at 0 which means your line was erroring every second.

Let us know how the visit goes this afternoon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AndyD1
Grafter

Right.......

Engineer has been and found an earth contact fault but he can’t do anything as he’s not qualified so he’s knocking the job back to the underground team as they will need to come do it.

Also he showed me an email about issues with PlusNet hub1 routers and Vectored cabinets which I apparently have.

I’m really disappointed that the issue hasn’t been fixed but hopefully will get sorted in the next few days.

See what happens.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update,

At least the engineer's identified a fault, which is good news.

We'll see how your speeds look once that's fixed and we'll go from there.

I'll check back tomorrow on the progress. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@AndyD1, I'm interested in those comments about vectoring. Would you mind dropping me a private message with some more detail please? Few things I'd like to try if the engineer has confirmed you have vectoring applied.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AndyD1
Grafter

That’s all I know. This is all a bit above my head.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@AndyD1, no worries. We've been investigating a potential stability issue affecting the Hub One in certain vectored environments. It does sound like there's a separate fault condition in this case though.

Regardless, I have just pushed a software update to your router (it will have rebooted to apply the change so apologies if you were in the middle of anything). Keep an eye on things and let me know if it helps at all.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you in the capable hands of @Gandalf to perservere with the fault investigation.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AndyD1
Grafter

Thank you for that.

Just remembered something else in the email he showed me. It was something to do with something changing at night causing the routers to go off.

Thanks Andy.