cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Hub One intermittently resets to setup@plusdsl.net

robertjm

PlusNet Hub One intermittently resets to setup@plusdsl.net

At seemingly random intervals, our PlusNet Hub One router resets to Broadband username: setup@plusdsl.net.

Once this happens, the blue light still shows and Internet shows as Connected on the hub's Home page. However there is no actual connectivity via wired or wireless connections to the internet.

Going to advanced settings and then disconnecting, entering our correct Broadband username and password does then work.

I see a few other people have had similar issues but can't see a common solution. I have checked software version and we appear to be at the latest version (4.7.5.1.83.8.259).

It's very frustrating as the main user of the broadband is quite elderly and the steps to re-enter the correct login details are not very obvious and it's easy to get stuck in a loop with 'helpful' setup questions...

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: PlusNet Hub One intermittently resets to setup@plusdsl.net

Hi @robertjim

Thanks for getting in touch.

The revert back to default username and password can sometimes occur from time to time (powercuts/power surges sometimes cause this) but this should not be happening on a regular basis. If this IS happening on a regular basis it is likely a hardware fault.

If you could drop me a PM with the account username in question, I'd be happy to arrange for a replacement unit providing the router is still within warranty.

Best wishes

Dave

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: PlusNet Hub One intermittently resets to setup@plusdsl.net

@robertjm, this is happening because your router has been disabled in our hardware management platform for some reason.

I've re-enabled it, so try factory resetting the device by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green.

When the device comes back up you should find that the problem is no more.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵