cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net router making hissing noise?

sasha33
Grafter

Re: Plus net router making hissing noise?

Thank you for that and since I have your attention can I bother you with another look at https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Disconnects-and-slow-speed/m-p/1559217#M80061

I am still having same problems with disconnects and slow speed.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @sasha33

As per your other thread, this being dealt with on your fault ticket here

All the best

Dave

Tridley68
Hooked

I’m suffering this issue too, when router is I under load a loud hissing noise is very evident. I’ve tried disabling 5ghz and problem remains.
JF53

Just joined PlusNet on Monday and a google search brought me here.

My Hub One is chattering away too. Seems to vary in intensity from a gentle hiss to a series of beeps akin to an old 56k dial up modem. More noticeable when using the internet heavily. When the room is quiet I can clearly hear it sitting approx. 8 ft away.

In my case the noise ceases if I disable 5GHz but starts up as soon as it's enabled again. A reset does not fix the issue. 

Tridley68
Hooked

I’ve only been a customer for a couple of months but the router has done this since installation. Seems I be a bad batch I think
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Probably right @Tridley68

Sounds like you've got faulty routers, and PlusNet will need to replace them.

They may want the old ones back, so they can identify the faulty serial numbers. Whether they are similar and when they were made, etc.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Tridley68, sorry to hear the router is faulty. I have arranged for a new one to be sent for you, which will be with you within 3 to 5 working days. We have raised a ticket here, please could you add any information to the ticket you may have in relation to the questions asked.

@JF53, thanks for getting in touch. We are currently aware that some of our router do make a noise when the 5ghz frequency is in use. I have arranged for a new router to be sent also and it will be with you within 3 to 5 working days.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
JF53

Thank you @SammyM , I really appreciate your help with this and the speedy response! 

Tridley68
Hooked

Now that’s what you call customer service .. thank you so much for all your help 👍🏻
dan1239

Should I return the old router?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @dan1239,

We don't need you to return the old router and there'd be no penalty if you were to keep hold of this or dispose of this yourself. However, we can send out a returns bag so that you can post this back to us for recycling. Please let us know if you'd like us to send a returns bag.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dan1239

Thank you 

The new one came with a returns bag but i wasn't sure whether i needed to return it

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries. If it's not too much hassle I'd use the returns bag and it'll find its way back to us for further investigation.

Alternatively I'd recommend recycling it in line with the WEEE Legislation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iambigred

Hi,

My router is also making this hissing/clicking noise upon data transfer on the 5ghz band. Can you check if my router may be one from this faulty batch? I believe it was originally supplied around Oct 2016. My plusnet username is on my forum account should a replacement be available.

Thanks
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @iambigred,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues. I have processed another router for you, and it will be with you in 3-5 working days.