cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus One hub struggling with Sky Q ethernet and BT Whole Home Mesh

fcooke

Plus One hub struggling with Sky Q ethernet and BT Whole Home Mesh

Hi. Hope you can help

I have had a Plus One hub working with fibre for four years with a BT Whole Home Mesh with no major issues. Turned off the wifi on the hub and all has been ok.

I recently added Sky Q with 2 Q mini boxes. Conflict with the BT and Sky mesh systems seemingly even though channels are wide apart on 2.4 and 5. Sky added some extenders which helped initially but the Sky wifi signal still drops out to the mini boxes, I'm guessing due to mesh conflicts?

Thought I'd use Powerline for Sky and turned the Sky Q wifi off.  No mesh conflicts now, obvs, but every time I use the Devolo Magic 2 Powerline the BT Mesh wifi locks up. Undo the Powerline from the Plus One router and wifi is fine again.   Tried a spare ethernet switch to see if Plus One as a router was having issues and makes no difference.

Any advice appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Plus One hub struggling with Sky Q ethernet and BT Whole Home Mesh

Get a bt hub 6, cheap as chips on fleabay.

fcooke

Re: Plus One hub struggling with Sky Q ethernet and BT Whole Home Mesh

Thanks. Bit wary of buying used routers off the flea due to past experience with a “modified” one.

if FTTC hub would let me run Sky Q through Powerline and keep BT mesh running at same time  I’d be happy giving it a go.