cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net routers

FIXED
SimonC1

Plus Net routers

I have recently (15-Nov) put in an upgrade for my account from ADSL to VDSL and the work is scheduled to take place today. At the time of the upgrade, I was not sure if my existing modem router would work and for the price of just P&P I added ordering the Plus Net modem router as well (never hurts to have a fall-back). However, I have not yet received anything and cannot see anywhere on my account about order status other than I have a product change in progress. 

Does anyone have any experience how long it takes Plus Net to mail these things out and how long they take? 

Thanks for any advice. 

Simon

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Plus Net routers

@SimonC1  Welcome to the forum.

The standard Hub Zero ADSL modem/router will not work on VDSL. If the Plusnet system works they send a Hub One to you via first class post a few days before your switch over day.

If a Plusnet staffer picks up this post they will probably get one shipped straight away for you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SimonC1

Thanks Baldrick. I am a long-time legacy Plus Net customer for near 15 years and had always used my own equipment, which I have replaced a few times over the years. Currently using a TP-link Archer VR900. Having asked a friend since my impulse upgrade click, I think it should work fine but he advised I might need to change the PPP setting. 

I still wanted to know what happened to the Plus Net modem/router though since I ordered/paid for it and it is always good to have the officially supported hardware for when something goes wrong. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@SimonC1 

The VDSL settings for your Archer is here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

However if you do a factory reset on it by pushing a paperclip or similar in the reset hole and keeping the switch closed for a bit you may find that by starting again from scratch you will have the option to select Plusnet as your ISP and it will auto configure for you. 

The Archer will be the better device so I would use that

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Hi @SimonC1,

I'm really sorry but it looks like automation hasn't triggered the ordering of the router which is why you haven't heard anything about it. I've forced it through now but it's likely it won't be with you until Monday/Tuesday next week. 

I can see you've chosen to use your own router but the one we promised should have been sent out, so apologies for that. 

SimonC1

Thank you JOLO for pushing that through. I received the confirmation emails for the router while I was out-and-about earlier. 

Now just need to wait for BT to do their thing at the cabinet at whatever unspecified time they choose today. Hurry up guys! Cheesy

SimonC1

Just want to say thanks again Baldrick1 on the tip about the auto-figure on the Archer for Plus Net VDSL.  

OpenReach did the cabinet work today so when I got home from work, I wasn't connected. I had copied the settings down from your link beforehand in case I needed to do it manually but when I logged onto my router settings, it prompted me to redo the set-up (without having to reset the router). I only needed to select Plus Net VDSL, put in my user name/pwd again, and everything worked.

So, thanks again. Really appreciate the time you took to answer my and other people's questions.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's brilliant news @SimonC1 - we're glad it's all up and running for you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance moving forwards.

***Also big thanks to @Baldrick1 for his support with this issue - it's appreciated, as always.***