Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help with ASUS DSL-AC68U as I'm about to have a nervous Breakdown

FIXED
Blofeld
Grafter

Re: Please Help with ASUS DSL-AC68U as I'm about to have a nervous Breakdown

BOOOOM!!!! Got it 😄 Finally, after a lot of painstaking fiddling with the settings, think the reset after adding the new firmware helped, so a MASSIVE thank you for all the advice given, cheers Guys 👍🏻

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Good to hear.

I would be interested in how you get on with this Asus router, keep us posted.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Blofeld
Grafter

At this minute in time I've lost speed, think it's possibly has something to do with the fact my connection through up so many errors and disconnected so much, so think I need plusnet to reset my connection or profile. I've stuck in a ticket asking them to check this out, as I was sincing at 74+mb and getting 65-69mb download. Today I used the plusnet speed tester and got 29mb 😧 , so I've swapped back over to my home hub, before I put the router in a better position tomorrow, as its right above the TV at the moment. So from tomorrow night I wil be doing a daily speed test and fiddling with the settings, particularly the VDSL Performance, stable and balance setting. So will keep everyone informed and provide a complete breakdown of the best settings and how this router operates with gaming, streaming and basic internet usage, plus how the relevant add ons work, as just worked out tonight, that I get a free VPN service, free cloud storage.........and the list goes on.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Fix

@Blofeld wrote:

The Firmware that's down as the latest version is ASUS DSL-AC68U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380_3879 (This product supports both Annex A and Annex B)

Blofeld, that's a beta version, which I understand has some issues - the last official firmware is the one I referred to earlier. However, if you're now connected using either, that's great to know!

I would advise against fiddling with the settings on the 'DSL Settings' tab, as this means the router is 'fighting' with BTOR's DLM system - use disabled or default as per the screenshot I posted. I believe Asus provide these options for locations where DLM is not implemented by the VDSL network itself.

Blofeld
Grafter

Thanks mate
Blofeld
Grafter

Northpole all my settings are no exactly as you stated in the screenshots, think what was basically holding things up, was not factory resetting after the firmware upgrade, so thanks to who mentioned that, as apologies I can't remember