cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPOE disconnects frequently.

Stoneyzig

PPPOE disconnects frequently.

Since moving over to Plusnet from Sly i have noticed that my internet keeps dropping a few time a day. I can see that my router keeps synced to the line but PPPoE (PPP0A) keeps dropping and logging back in.

Im using a Draytek vigor 2860 router and am wondering if i have set it up correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

16-06-2018 11-07-43.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: PPPOE disconnects frequently.

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from 'Fibre Broadband' to 'My Router' for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi John.

I'm not sure how much help I can be here, but those details look correct and from searching "Draytek Vigor 2860" here, there seems to be a few topics about this.

In one instance, a factory reset looked like it fixed this problem so it may be worth trying that.

Also do you experience the same problems using the router we sent you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

According to a historic line test, your circuit is dropping sync, not just PPP connection:

rrt.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Stoneyzig

That graph is pretty much the same as my email alerts i get from my router.

My router is scheduled to reboot every night around 2am and looks like this causes 2 initialisations.

This has only been happening since ive moved to Plusnet, so i wouldn't thought it would be the router or cabling as .

Is it something worth raising a ticket with Plusnet? im not too bothered atm as its not affecting me that much but i wouldn't want it to get any worse.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

On the 19th you lost sync with the cabinet at least 6 times. Looking at our PPP logs they marry with the sync drops too. Why are you routinely rebooting the router? Yes, I'd suggest opening a fault ticket by completing the troubleshooter here - http://faults.plus.net

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵