cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI DSS Compliance

SuperstarArts

PCI DSS Compliance

Hi,
In order to pass our PCI DSS compliance I need to be assured that i am updated with the latest firmware to my router - 
and have a copy of an email confirming this.
I called customer service on Friday 13th August, and was put through to tech support and was assured this would be actioned within 24hours and I would receive an email confirming this.

Its now Thursday 19th August and ive received no response.

Can you please action this ASAP - we are a small charity shop and are now being charged for non-compliance.
We are waiting on Plusnet to complete their end of this in order to proceed.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: PCI DSS Compliance

Hi @SuperstarArts  and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you've had issue and that we've not got back to you.

I can confirm that we've pushed  fw version 7.275.17_F2704N_Plusnet to your hub zero and following a restart, it will be on the latest version.

Does this count as written confirmation? or would you like it delivered to your inbox?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
SuperstarArts

Hi Jono,
Yes please - an email directed to [Removed] confirming this would be very much appreciated.
That is what the compliance checkers have specifically asked for so I would like to return to them with exactly that.
Thank you.

I called Plusnet support again today and was put through, this time to a lady named [CSA Removed],
who assured me that it was not possible to push firmware to the routers and that the only thing I could do was access
the router information manually (she gave me instructions for this)
and then take a screenshot of the current router info (which earlier was version 7.275.11_F2704N_ )

This is under support team question 217239200

If this can please be passed on to the relevant people.
The PCI DSS compliance has been and still is the source of much confusion.
Between WorldPay, their SaferPayments team and Plusnet surely this issue must have arisen a fair few times and there has got to be an easier way of dealing with the process.
One step towards that would be if Plusnet support techs could follow up on callbacks & be aware of the correct protocol to solve this issue.

Thank you Jono, nothing against you i'd just like to get the message across to someone who can pass upwards to save future customer's struggle !

Moderators Note: Personal information removed and CSA agents name removed. 

JonoH
Hero

Hi @SuperstarArts  Hopefully one of the team will pick this up today and drop you an email as it's my day off today, I just wanted to check if you'd had chance to respond as this is an unusual service request.

@SuperstarArts wrote:

who assured me that it was not possible to push firmware to the routers and that the only thing I could do was access
the router information manually (she gave me instructions for this)
and then take a screenshot of the current router info (which earlier was version 7.275.11_F2704N_ )

She's actually right, the support staff do not have the ability to do this, I don't really work in a customer facing role, I saw your post, noticed you were a small charity realised I could help and so asked a colleague who's our Product Owner for all things router what we could do from our end, he explained how difficult it was to update your router remotely but went ahead and did it between jobs yesterday. Had this have been seen by a member of the team, it's likely they'd have sent you instructions on how you can update the firmware yourself.

@SuperstarArts wrote:

One step towards that would be if Plusnet support techs could follow up on callbacks & be aware of the correct protocol to solve this issue.

It's not that nobody wants to help, or that they don't know the correct process it's just that the customer service agents you spoke to are unable to do this remotely, advising you how to update the firm aware is all they can do I'm afraid.

The PCI DSS compliance has been and still is the source of much confusion.
Between WorldPay, their SaferPayments team and Plusnet surely this issue must have arisen a fair few times and there has got to be an easier way of dealing with the process.

Residential users don't typically deal with WorldPay & SaferPayments, I've been at Plusnet 12 years+ and this is the first time I've ever seen someone mention either of those two things or ask us to confirm that they're on the latest software version via email. I'm not saying it never happens, just that I've never seen it. The vast majority of those that need these things will be on our Business Broadband accounts, and have access to Business support agents whom I imagine field much of these kinds of queries.

Glad I could help

Jono

Jono H
SuperstarArts

Hi Jono,
Firstly I didn't realise there was a separate forum for business accounts so I didnt know to post in there - my apologies, will do in future.
I am on a business account.
I had to give my details prior to speaking to any agent and selected business from the phone options. When I first phoned last Thursday (question no 217078307) I was put through to a tech support agent who advised that the firmware would be pushed and they would contact me to confirm this. No firmware and no contact.

It was only through searching on the forums that I found what I actually needed to ask for in the first place.
So they certainly do seem to be very helpful ! 😁 

Thank you for your help we do appreciate it

JonoH
Hero

Ahh My fault then, sorry about that. I'll push the feedback anyway to the right guys. As always I appreciate your patience. 

In future if you need support, (even for biz accounts) it's often easier to just post here and let us help Smiley

Jono H