Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own Router Setup

touchwood
Hooked

Own Router Setup

Hi

Hope you can please help me.

Due to ongoing problems with our Pkusnet router we have purchased our own Linksys EA6350, when we attche this new router to the fibre modem is it just the PlusNet access user and password that we will need to setup on the new router?

if we need to adjust any other settings your help would be most appreciated, I have taken screen shots of all the PlusNet router configuration.

Best regards

Ken

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Own Router Setup

Looks like its a cable router so you should just need your username in the format of username@plusdsl.net and your account password.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
touchwood
Hooked

Hi Matthew, Thank you for the info, I will try this.

Not sure if you can help with this quastion, after I setup the new router would I be correct in thinking if I setup the wifi with the same user & password I use now on the PlusNet router all my wifi conected devices should work as they do now?

many thanks

Ken

Lurch
Rising Star

That would be a reasonably safe bet, although some devices will see the new hardware as a new network regardless so Windows for instance will probably ask you to set the network location again. Other devices may do something similar, or may not. Doing what you suggest shouldn't not work though.