Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Hub drops iPhone WiFi connection

Phillip
Dabbler

One Hub drops iPhone WiFi connection

Hi,

Has anyone experienced intermittent issues where their iPhone doesn't seem to access the internet whilst connected to WiFi?

The WiFi icon on the phone is ok but it fails to respond. If I turn off the WiFi an use the 4G it works ok and when I switch the Wifi back on it works too.

I've made sure that the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are called something different (it seems to happen on the 2.4Ghz band in the house upstairs where the 5Ghz band is too weak).

I've tried fixing the 2.4Ghz channel in case it is the channel auto select shifting causing the drop, but there is no discernible difference.

I'm just wondering whether it is the lack of MiMo that is the source of the problem and it is simply 'waiting its turn' Huh

Has anyone else had the same issues? It's a new One Hub and an iPhone 6 Plus

4 REPLIES 4
Bazzle24

Re: One Hub drops iPhone WiFi connection

Yes I was just looking here to see if I could find out anything to solve it. It seems if my phone connects to the 2.4Ghz signal I get problems if it connects to the 5ghz less so but as you can't determine which you connect to I can't solve it
Phillip
Dabbler

It's definitely only happens on the 2.4Ghz.
sebjo
Grafter

same here , my 2 kids got iphone they keep having random wifi drop , where me and my partner using samsung don't have the same , i was looking for info about it

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

What you do is separate the 2.4 and 5GHz channels then select the best for your device see: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Making-5-GHz-have-separate-SSID-with-the-Hub-One/m-p/1349587....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'