cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Hub Watchdog Resets (cause 0x3)

yawnfest
Hooked

One Hub Watchdog Resets (cause 0x3)

I have been having issues with the One router - from the day I received it. Specifically the " Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3) " issue.

I did try to get it fixed last year but to no avail. Previous threads on this particular issue that were successful fixes were a replacement router.

This issue is extremely annoying and as I am now working from home full time the service is no longer reliable.  I am part of a leadership team trying to keep an essential service running and random reboots during conference calls is not acceptable. It can take up to 20 minutes after a reboot to get back on line and connected up.

So far today

08:24:12, 30 Mar. ( 18.230000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

09:07:07, 30 Mar. ( 18.370000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

Have had a previous call open and have one currently but nothing seems to be happening. If I cannot get some resolution quickly I am going to have to move to another provider whose equipment works.

6 REPLIES 6
yawnfest
Hooked

Re: One Hub Watchdog Resets (cause 0x3)

Four Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3) so far today

yawnfest
Hooked

So far today:

09:12:58, 01 Apr. ( 17.820000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

09:35:13, 01 Apr. ( 18.370000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

12:19:19, 01 Apr. ( 17.790000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

12:56:54, 01 Apr. ( 18.370000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

13:04:19, 01 Apr. ( 18.340000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

Fault 77390 been open for a week and a half - no response at all.

Plusnet - your equipment and service is bad and you should feel bad!

yawnfest
Hooked

07:57:23, 02 Apr. ( 18.390000) Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3)

Its already starting today.

Still nothing from Plusnet - the Service is diabolical - have no idea if anyone is actually looking into this for me - no contact from anyone, I guess I will not get anywhere with Plusnet so moving to a another provider.

yawnfest
Hooked

Well Plusnet have come back to me:

"I am sorry to say we are unable to replace a router with not long left remaining of your contract, you have the option to buy one from us but I would advise if you buy another third party router this will work with our services and would cost you less so please look to replace the router."

So Plusnet acknowledge that this is a faulty router but are not prepared to do anything about it. I originally raised this with Plusnet in July 2019 however then they would not agree that it was a router issue then. 

So essentially Plusnet have supplied a faulty product that I have had to deal with for the whole length of my contract so far and Plusnet are not prepared to do anything about it because I have 'not long left remaining ' on my contract.

This is really bad service and shows that Plusnet do not care about customer Service. They give you a bad experience and you just have to shut up and put up. Nice.

yawnfest
Hooked

According to Plusnet I have about 9 months left on my 18 month contract. I raised a call with Plusnet within the second month of my contract and Plusnet said it was not a router issue. Now Plusnet have admitted it is a router issue 7 months later. I have 50% of my contract left to run and Plusnet have said I am too close to the end of my contract to have a replacement for the faulty router that they supplied and that I complained about 7 months ago.  

So plusnet have acknowledged that their equipment is faulty but I have to continue to suffer this bad service for another 9 months because, 50% into a contract period is too close to the end of the contract for Plusnet to fix their faulty equipment. 

Not sure who they are "doing proud" here!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello there @yawnfest

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your router and I apologise for the frustration caused. 

I can see you previously raised this in late July last year here, it looks like an engineer appointment was advised but we received no further response from yourself so the ticket was automatically closed. As such the fault found no issues with the router rather a supplier issue. 

On testing your service this afternoon there doesn't appear to be any issues detected , but the Watchdog reboots are indicative of a faulty router. As such I have processed a new router to the address registered on your account - this will reach you within 3-5 working days. Do let us know how you get on with it and if you need further assistance. 

Thanks.